Country: Kurdistan region of Iraq / Iraq – Location: Erbil with regular trips to Mosul and very regular trips to Bagdad
Duration: 12 months, renewable according to funding, departure July 2020
Conditions: Salaried contract, gross monthly salary from €2,300 to €2,800 depending on experience at first, and then from July 1st gross monthly salary from €2,300 to €2,800 depending on experience (general upgrade of the salary scale), monthly per diem USD 650, medical coverage of 100% + repatriation insurance + provident fund, accommodation, international and local transportation as part of the mission, break every 3 months.
Presentation of TGH
"Actor in a sustainable and shared solidarity"
Founded in 1994, TGH is a French international solidarity organization based in Lyon. The association designs and implements emergency, rehabilitation and development programs in the following sectors: water, hygiene and sanitation, civil engineering, food security and rural development, education and psychosocial. TGH is currently operating in 10 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
The regional conflict in Iraq and Syria, started in 2011, has torn apart families, displacing millions of people inside the country and pushed other millions to look for refuge in the neighboring countries and Europe.
The Kurdistan Region of Iraq, hosting 97% of the Syrian refugees within Iraq, is also now host around 700 000 internally displaced persons. Furthermore, the KR-I faces a budgetary crisis which presents serious challenges in the access to services (e.g. education) for displaced and host community populations.
The defeat of ISIS’s last remaining strongholds in Iraq is now leaving ground for reconstruction and IDPs return. However, in places such as West Mosul and other vast portions of territories that have seen severe destruction where services are lacking, returns face structural limits (absence of livelihood opportunities, lack of public services, shelter…) and Iraqi people are still displaced in IDP camps of Ninewa or the East bank of Mosul.
Inter-community tensions are still present in this context, as military groups contribute to the political shaping of the areas retaken from ISIS. Despite the loss of the territories it used to control; ISIS cells are still present and active across Iraq, conducting frequent attacks.
Presentation of TGH mission
TGH worked in Kurdistan from 1995 to 1999 in the education and agriculture sectors to support refugees from Turkey. In 2013, TGH reopened a mission in Kurdistan and conducted several projects in Erbil: WASH in schools, Winterization distribution, Education and psychosocial support. Since 2016, TGH has deployed an emergency response supporting Iraqi IDPs in three camps of Ninewa Governorate (Salamiya 1, Khazer M1 camps) with child protection services.). The organization has also been conducting and still developing livelihood activities towards vulnerable returnee households in ruralHamdaniya districts. More recently, TGH opened an office in Baghdad and as well in Mosul which is dedicated to the Mosul / Hamdaniya operations and develop further project in Federal Iraq. TGH has also been implementing a project in Sinjar funded by WFP for several months: based on a cash for work modality, this project aims at improving groundwater recharge.
The overall objective of the Finance/HR/admin Coordinator is to ensure the implementation of all administrative procedures and to train the local support team in order to support the current and future projects.
The Finance/HR/admin Coordinator will be under the responsibility of the Head of Mission. He/she will be managing the national admin team, composed for now of 2 assistants based in Erbil, 1 admin/liaison and 1 finance Manager in Baghdad and 1 field officer based in Mosul. The main responsibilities include:
- Guarantee the proper use of funds according to donors and TGH regulations
- Follow the daily/monthly expenses for all the projects and the coordination
- Supervise the whole mission expenditures and cash management
- Ensure checking and validation of the whole mission accountancy
- Manage all mission budgets, proposal, financial reports, monthly accountancy closure, cash flow forecast
- Implement a regular voucherisation of invoices on the mission
- Keep an up to date Allocation Table for the mission
- Manage the cash flow and cash supply requests to Head Quarters
- Prepare and conduct financial audits as needed
- In collaboration with the HoM, assures the link with the financial interlocutors (donors, bank…)
- Train the Administrative Officer on SAGA, on TGH procedures and on budget follow up
- Ensure that TGH follows the Iraqi and regional (KRI) laws
- Collect all information about income tax and social benefits, and update internal regulations, work contracts and administrative guidelines accordingly
- Ensure a clear archiving of all accountancy and administrative documents
- Provide specific training sessions to the Administration team on the internal HR, admin and finance procedures
- Ensure, in cooperation with the HoM, that administrative procedures such as expatriate registration, are followed
- Collect all information and prepare documents for the NGO registration/registration renewal both in KRI and Iraq
- Ensure legality of expatriates being on the mission both in KRI and Iraq
In collaboration with the logistics coordinator:
- Ensure the respect of internal and donors’ purchase procedure
- Ensure a check on the documentation of purchase procedures
- Contribute to procurements if required
- Collect all necessary information on local labour law and update internal regulations/work contracts accordingly
- Follow up of the HR database (leave follow-up, employment contract FU etc) for all the projects
- Supervise and ensure the proper monthly salary payment for all staff
- Train the admin officer on the regular update of all HR documents (FUs, organigram, leaves etc)
- Ensure that all HR policies are understood and respected by all staff
- Validate and coordinate all recruitment process started on a national level
- Participate to the hiring process of any support staff to be recruited
- Identify the training needs and organize trainings for the Administration teams
COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION
- Attend internal coordination meetings
- Attend external inter-NGO administration coordination meetings
- Attend bi-lateral meeting with donors, partners, and authorities when needed
- As and when needed, contribute to writing financial reports and compiling data for financial reports
- As and when needed, contribute to monthly reporting to Head Quarters
- Regularly report to Head of Mission
This list of responsibilities could be modified according to the needs in the field.
Security, working and living conditions
Despite the unstable political context in Iraq and KRI, the KRI region is generally safe and current TGH areas of operation in Federal Iraq are considered safe.
Erbil city is safe, and there are no restrictions of movement within the city. Much entertainment is available such as restaurants, sport centres, parks, supermarkets, cinema etc. Trips to the countryside are possible at weekends with prior validation by HoM. Security rules may be revised according to the evolution of the context.
Working and living conditions in Erbil are good. Communication means are satisfying (efficient internet, international phones). The office is separated from the guesthouses. Individual rooms are available for each expatriate.
Operations in Dohuk, Suleymaniya are subject to the same security condition as for Erbil.
- At least 1 year experience as Administration/finance/HR manager required in humanitarian context
- Proven experience in accountancy, financial and HR management
- Excellent organisational skills, multitasking
- Fluent in French and in English; Arabic is an asset
- English : full professional proficiency
- Good skills in transfer of knowledge/training
- Computer skills (including Excel and Word)
- Working knowledge of SAGA
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Autonomy, rigor and skills for synthesis
- Adaptation capacities to dynamic context
- Sense of humour